Mysql version

software development

Is dreamhost running mysql 4? I’m trying to boolean searches but it isn’t working. Most likely I’m doing something wrong but I thought I would ask.

Hello!

[quote]Is dreamhost running mysql 4? I’m trying to boolean searches but
it isn’t working. Most likely I’m doing something wrong but I
thought I would ask.

[/quote]

We’re not running MySQL 4 yet, unfortunately. However, we do have someone working on packaging it up and hope to be deploying it relatively soon-ish (we’ll send out an announcement for it, for sure).

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

ok, thanks for the reply.

we want mysql 4!
any idea when you might upgrade?

Has this upgrade happened yet?

If we can send a man to the moon, why can’t we send them all there?

We have MySQL 4 working, and we’ve sent out announcements in preparation for testing, but it’s not upgraded yet.

I believe the PHP upgrade is also still in the works.

Has this upgrade happened yet?

We’ve done two of the 10 or so shared hosting database servers. There are some kinks we’re still working out. Right now we can’t seem to disable SHOW DATABASES, which is freaking some people out on the upgraded machines (despite the fact you can’t select the other databases and it’s totally secure, people have really gone bananas about seeing the names of other databases).

We’re sending Level 4 announcements to people on the individual servers as we upgrade them. We expect to have this all done, done, done by the end of next week! This time no fooling!

Oh yeah, and PHP is 4.3.4 everywhere now too!

nate.

So was this completed? I’ve been searching for hours, and I STILL can’t definitively find out what version of mysql dreamhost is running!

brad

Yup. All customer MySQL servers have been running 4.0 since about when I sent that last message.

Now that 4.1 has been released, we’re working on that as well.

nate.

Is there an expected date for rolling out MySQL version 4.1?

Phil

[quote]Is there an expected date for rolling out MySQL version 4.1?

[/quote]

We don’t have an expected date/timeframe for this, though I do know that we’ve done some testing on DreamHost Dedicated servers recently with it. It’s not a small upgrade, so this is something that we need to do testing for a while on before we’d feel comfortable rolling out out far and wide.

It’s a pretty heavily-demanded feature, though, so you can be sure that it’s a high priority.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin