MySQL Squash Ladder Problem

Hello Everyone!

I’m trying to install a squash ladder on my dreamhost account. I’ve added another My_SQL database and I’ve uploaded and edited the files (but apparently not correctly). When I load up the main file (squash.php) I get an error saying

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/.nasser/scotty_01/scottywilliams.org/squash/includes/database_connect.php on line 23

And line 23 in that respective file is (in bold):

function database_connect()
{
// change this line to reflect your server name! If you do not have a
// server name, use “localhost”
$result = mysql_pconnect(“www.scottywilliams.org”);

if(!$result){
return false;
}
if(!mysql_select_db(“squash01”)){
return false;
}

return $result;
}

?>

Where squash01 is the My_SQL datebase and scottywilliams.org is my hostname (line 23)

What am I doing wrong?

I think you need to put in your mysql host name, for server name. That’s gonna look something like mysql.youdomain.com or whatever you set up when you created the database.

-Matttail

That gives me this error when I refresh the site:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user ‘scotty_01’@‘cornelius.dreamhost.com’ (using password: NO) in /home/.nasser/scotty_01/scottywilliams.org/squash/includes/database_connect.php on line 23

the line says it’s not using the password - that’s why access is denied now. You’ll have to find settings somewhere to put your password in - or perhaps you forgot to type it in the first place?

-Matttail