MySQL server is down - how to restart?

Is there any way I can restart my MySQL database??

It is down and has been down for awhile. I’m on a shared hosting account.

Thanks!

PS.
Of course this happens when Live Chat is taken down…

Notes:

• I’m on a shared account.
  • I’m using Wordpress 4.5.3 (most recent stable)
  • My logs are reporting:
    [05-Jul-2016 20:38:57 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection timed out in /home//.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1490
    and
    [Tue Jul 05 13:37:56 2016] [error] Premature end of script headers: index.php
  • Everything else is working fine (email / SFTP / SSH / Apache).
  • I cannot log in to my phpmyadmin web interface - it times out, as well.
  • I have a ticket open with DH Support, but no answer for 45mins now (not impressed).

Please help!

Well my database server (theseus) has been down now for two hours, taking my website with it.
Had a ticket in, they replied, said it was fixed, but it was not. It is still down…

Very frustrating, still no resolution. My newest, most recent ticket has been in the queue for 1hr 5 mins now, still waiting…

DB still down…
[hr]
Btw since I’m on a shared account, it sounds like I can’t restart the MySQL DB since it is a shared one…

Have you used a tool like http://www.isup.me/ to verify that it is actually down and not simply a caching issue on your end?

Yeah, I checked a variety of ways:

• tried logging into my phpmyadmin (timed out)
  • attempted a search (Since it is Wordpress this bypasses the cache, at least in my setup it does) - timed out (“Error establishing database connection” msg)
  • looked at the php and WP error logs, which was still saying: “mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection timed out in /home/sparkrnewswp/sparkrnews.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1490”
  • the site was still responding with “Error establishing database connection” on both admin and public (non-cached) pages.

MySQL was definitely still down.
Thanks, though!

It came up about 40mins ago, despite them not having replied to my ticket. Oh well…

You can always try reaching out to them on Twitter, in addition to a support ticket:

https://twitter.com/DreamHostCare
[hr]
Appears to be up and running now, however.