Mysql query, export to cvs file

apps

Hi, I am currently googling to find this answer, but someone here may already know the answer. I need to give my clients the ability to make different queries to the database, ie, say there are 15 fields they can query, so they select four fields from my db table (I only have one table in the db, and I want this to be a checkbox type system) so they select these checkboxes from the initial page >> first name, last name, email address and member institution. Then they select download. And, my goal is that they get a cvs file to import into excel.

I am looking at sourceforge, google, etc. to find something similar, but most of what I am finding looks complicated. I don’t want them to have the ability to upload, just download which fields they want from their database. Of course, I will htaccess that directory.

If anyone knows if there is already source out there for this, or if someone knows what I should be googling to find my answer, I would appreciate the knowledge. I am not a coder, I am a graphic designer with little coding experience, but willing to attemp to figure this out if anyone can point me in the right direction.

thnx