Mysql Query Cache

Is there anyway to enable Mysql Query Cache on dreamhost? My database is quite slow and I think this would help

If it is disabled, I don’t think it can be enabled by us :frowning:

I’ve heard people use persistent connection to improve the database performance. I can’t guarantee you but you may want to try that.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

You should never use persistent connections with shared hosting because it just locks up he server. Persistent connections are fine in a dedicated environment because you are the only one using your server.

Jan

Promo-Code: [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY97[/color] - Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on your first year of hosting.
Get more promo codes here

Thanks for the warning.

igneous, please take it into consideration and DO NOT use persistent connection in shared server.

I’ll suggest you to optimize your sql query. Minimize join and union queries and try again. If it is still slow even to run a simple sql query, you may want to file a ticket and ask support to check the server.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here