mySQL problem? Need SUPER privileges?

I am using “mysql administrator” from my home computer to configure the databases

I created all tables… BUT when I tried to create TRIGGERS, FUNCTIONS, PROCEDURES, I have that error :
"""“ERROR 1227 (42000): Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation”"""

Have you got that kind of error message before, how did you manage it?

Anyone able to help? I have the same problem.

Regards.

Julian Knight

I think the mysql user does not have that privilege by default. If you need it, I’ll suggest you to send a ticket to DH support. They are the only one who can grant the right to your user.

More code here Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] SignUp NOW

I create stored procedures on my MySQL db from home. But I use the Querty Browser, not the Administrator to do it. I can’t see why there would be a significant difference.

I haven’t used any triggers or functions yet, so I can’t speak to those.

find/offer services free
http://www.TheHelpfulNeighbor.com
Codes:THNMax ($97) THNMaxHDD (+100%) THNMaxBW (+100% txfr) THNMaxDomains (5 free) THNBalance (20% HD&BW, 1 Domain+IP +$16)

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, you can indeed create stored procedures and views as well. However, you CANNOT create TRIGGERS on MySQL unless you have SUPER privalege until after version 5.1.6

Sad but true.

Regards,

Julian Knight