MySql & php

Hi - I’m trying to install the Globetrotter Guest Map at http://www.guestmap.org/ . I created a database globetrotter.lenfante.com and 2 users. Everything is enabled. I know how to FTP my website up and down and sideways, but have no clue whatsoever how to execute the *.php files that need to be executed. The first one is install.php, I loaded the entire set of files to my website directory (lenfante.com) and tried to execute it but to no avail.

If I use WinSCP to connect, it keeps asking me for my password. Dreamhost support has confirmed that my users and passwords are correct.

I think I’m savvy enough to figure this out if someone would just help me logon and upload these files so I can install the code. Thanks - Susanne at www.lenfante.com (L’enfante)

G’day, Susanne.
Upload the PHP files in ascii/text mode. And to run install, have you tried just pointing your browser to ‘install.php’ (use the full URL)?
All the best,
marsbar

Thank you marsbar . . . I deleted the folder and uploaded again. I don’t think it uploaded right the first time, and having no idea what php was I didn’t realize the mistake. I can now access install.php via the direct link [lenfante.com/globetrotter/install.php], but it still doesn’t like my host name [Globetrotter@globetrotter.lenfante.com] nor the id and pw for either of my users.

The error message is:

The Following Errors Occurred While Installing Globe*Trotter:

The MySQL host, username, and/or password you entered is invalid.

BUT I’m so much closer than I was before! Support has confirmed the ids and pw’s so I’m not sure what it is this time.

Your host name should be
db_domain.domain.com
unless the error message prefixxed your host with your user when it was printed, it looks like your host is wrong.

I beleive
Your SQL Hostname should be globetrotter.lenfante.com
your SQL Username and password were as you set them up
Your SQL database name is probably globetrotter
table prefix can be left alone.

-Jason

MP3Mystic Your personal Streaming MP3 Server
Dreamhost Hosting

Thank you! That got me past all of the error messages and now the page is blank. With just the header “Xenolth’s Globe*Trotter Install Utility” across the top. It’s been over 5 minutes and if I access http://lenfante.com/globetrotter/ there is this error:

Warning: main(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.becker/fenix00/lenfante.com/globetrotter/index.php on line 4

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘config.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.becker/fenix00/lenfante.com/globetrotter/index.php on line 4

FTP Server address is ftp.lenfante.com
FTP Directory is www.lenfante.com/globetrotter/

Having never installed that particular App I’m not sure what could be causing it without looking at the code. If I had to guess it is because of a problem with the FTP directory. You may want to try

/www.lenfante.com/globetrotter/

and double check your ftp username and password (Log in using a FTP client, and verify the login, and path)

-Jason

Dreamhost Hosting

Im guessing the install didnt work 100% correctly. Check your config.php file and make sure it doesnt start:

-Jason

Dreamhost Hosting

[quote]Warning: main(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.becker/fenix00/lenfante.com/globetrotter/index.php on line 4
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘config.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.becker/fenix00/lenfante.com/globetrotter/index.php on line 4[/quote]
Make sure you have uploaded every file. And remember to remove install.php from the server when everything is set up.

All the best,
marsbar