MySQL Mb counted in Disk space

Hi all,

My MySQL database is pretty big (100Mb) and it’s growing at a rate of about ~1-2Mb a day.

I was wondering if the diskspace that Dreamhost has covers MySQL databases?

If not, would Dreamhost disable this database once it reaches say 500Mb+?

Thanks!

When I host my site in other places before, diskpace for MySQL is included in the server space. For example, if my server space is 100MB and MySQL uses 50MB, I have only 50MB left.

I am not sure how DH manages this. For the same logic, server space should cover MySQL.

Still looking for the answer :stuck_out_tongue:

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

I believe the space occupied by MySQL databases is included in your total disk usage, but for the definitive answer on this you should contact DreamHost support and ask.

If this is indeed the case, I don’t think that you will have too many problems related to disk usage, as the disk quota provided by even the level one plan ‘grows’ by an extra 1GByte per week (4GByte per month) as a kind of ‘loyalty bonus’.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

They are correct. Your MYSQL database is figured into your disk space. You may check with DH Support if there is a limit to the size of a single database.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here