Mysql Login

When I try to login to the phpMyAdmin from the DH control Panel I get an error message that says my login/pw is incorrect. What am I missing?

They are active accounts and the pw is correct?

Pat

Are you able to connect from the shell client or perl/php?

Here is session in shell:

[code]username@machine:~$ mysql -h hostname -u database-username -p database_name
Enter password:
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 227534 to server version: 4.0.20-log

Type ‘help;’ or ‘\h’ for help. Type ‘\c’ to clear the buffer.

mysql> show tables;[/code]Hope that helps.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

I tried using the hostname “io.dreamhost.com” with the user ID and the data base name “mysql.fastcap.net” and the PW .
Error message Can’t connect to mysql server…

I tried using hostname “fastcap.net” same results.

But I know that that there is a data base because we can load it with our cgi.
http://www.fastcap.net/cgi-local/load_2003_db.cgi

I should add that I did not set this up originally and have limited knowledge

Any thoughts/

Pat

The hostname should be mysql.fastcap.net in that case. The database name was set by whoever set up the database and can be looked up in the mysql part of the web control panel.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Honcho

I’m having problems with the mySQL login, too. Do the domains that allow myPhpAdmin access take time to activate? I have an active database with a username and domain for administrative access, but when I click on it, all that I get is a message:
mysql.mydomain.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

Note, I set the database up last night, so it should be established and running.

Thanks

and because I keep getting dumber and dumber I was using the incorrect PW to login.

It’s an age thing

Pat

The mysql.domain.com hostname should be set up fairly quickly… within an hour almost always and around maybe 15 minutes or faster a lot of the time. There are occasionally back-end hiccups in our system that make things take longer. I’d probably wait at least 24 hours before contacting us as most of the hiccups are resolved by then, but it wouldn’t hurt to send us a note letting us know that it took longer than it should have with as many details as you can think of. The information will be passed to our programmers and may help us resolve long-standing bugs or glitches.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Honcho