MySQL Limit

I just came by this site and one of the review said :

Is that true ?

[b]$77+1 Free Domain [color=#CC0000]77PLUS1DOMAIN[/color] promo code :cool: or $97 OFF with [color=#CC0000]LUCKYYOU SIGN UP NOW[/color]

Are you sure they’re not just talking about the limits to the size of a single addressable table in MySQL?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

If you’ve got 4G in a single table (or maybe even a single DB) you probably need to rethink storing DVDs in mysql.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

I don’t know… only to make sure there is a limitation on that. :slight_smile:

[b]$77+1 Free Domain [color=#CC0000]77PLUS1DOMAIN[/color] promo code :cool: or $97 OFF with [color=#CC0000]LUCKYYOU SIGN UP NOW[/color]

I’m quite positive that would be a MySQL limit, not a DreamHost one. Feel free to examine the results of this google search to see what I’m refering to :wink:

EDIT: Bah Dreamhost’s forums suck. Can’t friggin link to a proper google search.
Just type in google: mysql database size limit and it has the same affect :slight_smile:

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!

One thing’s for sure… if you subtract a $97 promo code from a $97 referral fee, then there are about 500 affiliate links on that same page that will pay the site owner a lot more money than if someone joined DH. But that might just stand out to me because I don’t trust host rating sites. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t worry about it. You’ve seen people on this forum complain that they were booted for illegal activity. How many have you seen complain that they ran out of DB space?

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

The Google search shows that it’s a table limit. However, the 4GB limit seems to be a Linux Issue, and only for kernels not running ext3 filesystems. I don’t know if DreamHost has Debian configured for ext3. I’d guess “yes,” unless there’s something they really don’t like about it.

With ext3, the table size limit jumps to 4TB, according to the MySQL reference manual.

-Scott