MySQL Issues

Right now I have two MySQL DB’s that are cutting “in” and “out”. I can check it right now and it may be up, but 2 mins later it won’t be. This obviously goes for the sites that go with these DB’s.

The sites have been offline on and off today. When down, I get this error on one site:

Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

On the other I get:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/.anatoly/username/domain.com/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.anatoly/username/domain.com/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.anatoly/username/domain.com/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I have already put in another support ticket about this issue, but from past experiences, after waiting 48 hours to get a response, the problem has usually mysteriously “fixed” itself and I get the ole’ “Everything seems fine” response from the techs. I am pretty new with MySQL and all that good stuff, what could be the problem here? Is it just “server-side”?

It is very weird how everytime the DB’s go down they fix themselves later… to me this means it is “server-side”, is anyone else having any problems with any DB’s??

Thanks.