MySQL Hostname Redirection

Hi, I’m being hosted by a friend and my hostname doesn’t seem to work. When I click the phpMyAdmin link from my hostname, it points me to figlioli.shichi.dreamhost.com instead of my actual hostname mysql.hakumei.org. And when I try to directly use the hostname through my browser, it gives me a Nginx welcome page. While my friend’s hostnames are working fine using her own domains, mine does not. Does this have to do with shared permissions or a Dreamhost DNS issue? Many thanks in advance!

Something may have glitched out during the hostname creation. Visit Panel > MySQL Databases and add an extra one by clicking the Add New Hostname button (or delete and re-create the problematic one).

Turned out her mysql hostnames are also pointing to figlioli.shichi… I’ve tried doing what you’ve said and now it won’t login anymore (even with figlioli.shichi). I’m getting this error with mysql.hakumei.org:

mysqli_real_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

Use the Add New Hostname button.

You can make as many as you like – they are just aliases.

Yup, did that. It’s working now, thank you! :slight_smile: