Mysql error

Hi,
I am getting the following mysql error on my pages

"SELECT command denied to user ‘www_data’@‘hypnos.dreamhost.com’ for table ‘newspaper_links’ "

Though I can connect with my username and password from the command line and everything works fine I can run select and other commands.

Appreciate any help in this regards.
Thanks,
mtewari

On your config file are the host server name correct? remember that you can’t use ‘localhost’, also your username is correct? www_data?

mhhh… time to check the code on your pages… can we see a bit?

Regards.

use VICM3 for a full 97USD discount on your first year!

Hi,
Yes I am using the right username and host, I can connect to the same database from command line and can successfully run select command however on the web page I get this error.
My Config file is as follows:

<?php $confg['db_uname'] = "www_data"; //your database username $confg['db_paswd'] = ""; //your database password $confg['db_host'] = "mysql.mydomainname.com"; //usually localhost $confg['db_dbase'] = "mydatabase"; //the database name //$host="localhost"; ######################################################## //create the function to log into the DB function db_login() { global $confg; $link = @mysql_connect($confg['db_host'], $confg['db_uname'], $confg['db_paswd']) or die("Error connecting: " . mysql_error()); @mysql_select_db($confg['db_dbase'], $link); } //function for logging out from the DB function db_logout() { @mysql_close($link); } //$dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error()); //mysql_select_db ("blog") or die('I cannot select the database because: ' . mysql_error()); ?>