Mysql error (support please)

wordpress

Hello.
Sorry for this intrusion (well kind of…), but I thought i could use some wisdom and knowledge from DH users…

I have recently installed a plugin for my wordpress hosted at dreamhost (Yen) and this annoying error appears on all of my template pages:

[color=#CC6600]
WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ORDER BY vid DESC LIMIT 1’ at line 1]
SELECT * FROM ORDER BY vid DESC LIMIT 1
[/color]

I have tried to ask for help on the plugin forum, but with no answer yet, since 4 days ago.

I wonder if anyone has any clue or tip on how I can fix this. Is it caused by some php code injected by this plugin on my templates, or is it just a mysql error that I can find and fix in phpmyadmin? I already dropped all the tables, re-installed a new version of the plugin… but the problem persists.

I wonder if this expression vid at ‘ORDER BY vid DESC LIMIT 1’ even exists…

Can you help me out? I’m losing my grip with this, however I can use the plugin perfectly on the wordpress admin, but on my website front-end I have this error visible to everyone…

Thanks in advance for any clue leading me to understand and solve this pain…

It’s a little hard to troubleshoot this considering I don’t know what plugin is causing problems, but you’re receiving this error because that sql doesn’t indicate what table to select from.

I would suggest searching your source code for “ORDER BY vid” in an attempt to identify what the problematic code is.

This is a complete shot in the dark but I would identify what version of PHP you’re running, and whether the wordpress plugin claims to support that version.