MySQL, email limits, etc

Does DreamHost have any limits as to the number of MySQL queries run per minute, hour, etc?

Does DT have any limits as to the number of non-spam non-mailing list emails sent out per day, hour, etc?

Does DT have any limits as to the number of HTTP requests per day, hour, etc?

Are there any other hidden restrictions not disclosed in the 1 TB / 2000 GB specifications for the 7.95 / month plan?

Mysql - No limits
E-mail - yes. 100 per hour, per user
http - no.
No other restrictions. If you’re worried about it, don’t forget that you have try things out for 97 days and get your money back if you’re not happy. (You can’t get a refund if you use paypal though.) And if you do a domain registration you’ll get your refund minus 10 bucks for the domain.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

I thought there was like a 60 minute CPU usage limit, or has that been changed?

Yes, ther is a limit on the CPu resources you can use. Dreamhost has that limit at 60 CPU min per day.

–Matttail

I think the limit is actually set at 200 per hour, but can be raised up to 800-1000 per hour if you talk with DH Support.

I think you’re partially right, and I’m partially wrong. As I recall, the limit from E-mail client on a home computer is 100 per hour, but if it’s sending from a php or cgi script it’s 200 per hour. (more chances of getting a virus on a home computer) But I know someone official actually poted the limits not too long ago, and searching for that or asking support directly might be the more for sure way to go.

I also believe (but I could be wrong) that support will only raise the limit if you were a customer beore they imposed these new limits, and you have good reason to need them to be higher.

–Matttail

This CPU limit is unlikely to affect you if your site is mostly static HTML. Even fully dynamic sites are unlikely to run into the limit unless they are getting a lot of visitors or their scripts are inefficient.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)