MySql & DreamWeaver Connection Errors

Hi all,

I found a few previous articles on other users who were having similar trouble, however - I was unable to resolve the issues and wanted to throw this out for assistance.

My remote info within DreamWeaver is set at:
FTP Host:pom.dreamhost.com
Login: my username
PW: my password

That works fine. Until I attempt to setup my testing server for the MySql connection:

Server Model: PHP MySql
Access: FTP
FTP Host: pom.dreamhost.com
Host Directory: /vistacrest.com/
Login: my login
PW: my password

The URL prefix at the bottom of the config screen is at:
pom.dreamhost.com/vistacrest.com/

I continue to get the message…

HTTP Error Code 404 File Not Found.

The testing server specified for this site does not map to the pom.dreamhost.com/vistacrest.com/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.pho? and more stuff.

Anyone know a fix? I’m sure it’s something to do with the host directory or URL prefix - but I can’t figure it out!

Thanks!!
Michael

[quote]Server Model: PHP MySql
Access: FTP
FTP Host: pom.dreamhost.com
Host Directory: /vistacrest.com/
Login: my login
PW: my password[/quote]
I am using almost the same settings here, except I use my own domain instead of the xxx.dreamhost.com domain.

[quote]The URL prefix at the bottom of the config screen is at:
pom.dreamhost.com/vistacrest.com/[/quote]
The URL prefix should look something something like http://vistacrest.com/ Delete the auto generated URL and replace it with your own.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Mark,

Thank you so much - this resolved the issues.

Michael

No problem, I am glad I could be of some assistance. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)