MySQL down too?

I’ve seen the status reports about the fileserver issues – could this be causing an outage of MySQL servers as well?

Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server…Unable to connect to database

I checked for a server-wide outage, but no problem was found:

Outage resolved: No server-wide problem was found.
(2006-07-16 08:18:37 PDT, 0 secs ago)
Outage first reported.
(2006-07-16 07:57:54 PDT, 20 mins 43 secs ago)

Any thoughts, or anyone having the same trouble so I know it’s not just me?

I don’t think that mysql data would be stored on the filer. It would also seem by your error message that this isn’t the problem you’re having anyways - it’s saying it can’t connect to your mysql server in the first place.

So, go ahead and put in a ticket explaining your troubles and hopefully support will get it resolved for you.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Thanks for the reply – I was hoping it wasn’t just me and it was all related, but it sounds like I have a separate issue.

I put in a ticket (two actually b/c I needed to edit the first and couldn’t figure out a way to do that) several hours ago. I hope someone can get to it soon despite the other problems going on! :slight_smile:

You are not alone. All of my databases are down to. The sites I run say “Database unavailable.” and the whole site is gone. I also sent support tickets many hours ago with no response. Obviously I understand they are having major filer issues and probably hundreds of support tickets, but it scares me that on DreamhostStatus.com they are telling us to backup all of our site files because the filer has already destroyed both of their backups. The problem is - I can’t even login to my databases to back them up. This is very frustrating.

Thanks for replying! I actually feel a little better that someone is having a similar problem – maybe it means ours will be resolved when the rest are resolved regardless of the support tickets.

I can’t log in to mine to back up either (it gives me the username/pw prompt and then says my pw is wrong when I know that it isn’t) – I’ll be so upset if my db is lost. Though I don’t think it is (for now anyway) b/c every once in a blue moon I CAN connect, just for a second and then it’s back down. So strange, so frustrating. I’m sure (assuming it’s part of the same issue) that DH is working like crazy on it – I just wish the status page was updated a little more often and with more detail.

Everything seems a little screwed up right now. All my mySQL access went down for a while. It’s back now, but it reaaaaaally slow.

Mail has also been a problem.

Is it my imagination or are these types of problems becoming more and more of an issue with DreamHost? I’ve been with them several years now and don’t recall such persistent and frequent problems in the past…

jkrobin