Mysql & DH web panel

Is it just me, or is it a little strange that for every DB I create I have to come up with a new hostname, new user and new password? I currently have seven DBs setup which means seven host names and seven usernames.

I’m adding another one now, and plan to add more down the road. Is there an easier way to do this? Why can’t I reuse hostnames and users, but just add DBs?

Thanks.

my votes have already been used.

What’s up with this system anyway? They implement it, we all vote, then nothing happens? Not even a “these ones won, so they’re next…” sort of thing?

I voted for:
2004-07-05 Software Installations Add “Zend Optimizer/IonCube” support to PHP.

2004-07-05 Other Improve the Web Panel’s speed overall.

2004-07-02 Support - Contact Support Allow editing of pending messages to support.

2004-07-02 Goodies - WebDAV Allow webdav to be set up on the entire domain, not just sub-directories.

2004-07-02 Home - Rewards Somehow indicate whether a referral is a paying customer or not, and have the option to not show non-paying referrals.

thanks for the info. I guess we don’t know until our feature is built.

[quote]>2004-07-02 Home - Rewards Somehow indicate whether a referral is a paying customer or not, and have the option to not show non-paying referrals.

I think half that has been implemented. On the rewards page I see:

"Here’s a listing of people that you’ve referred so far:
(Bold people have made at least one payment and so you got rewards!)
—[/quote]
Shucks. Yes, but not the half I care about. Either the wording is off, or I can’t tell the difference between someone who paid $10 seven years ago and someone who’s still paying today. What I want to know is if they are a paying customer - not if they were ever a paying customer.

I guess I don’t see what’s tricky about it. With my 33 referrals, I get a payment page which shows who I get money from, how much and on what day. It’d be pretty easy to create a category of people who haven’t paid in a year or more.

We close accounts, not webids. Accounts can be active, suspended, disabled, or closed. Suspension is what would happen if someone didn’t pay for long enough; disablement is what would happen if you sent out a lot of spam or just annoyed the heck out of me, and closed is what would happen if you set an end date on the account or asked customer support to close it.

The webid would remain active, but with no active accounts under it wouldn’t (or shouldn’t, anyway) receive announcements etc.