MySQL database -- connected to external host?

Hello,

I have a dreamhost account, and may I ask if can I actually make my database connect with my other host.

More likely, making my dreamhost account host the mysql database of my other site located outside dreamhost.

is this possible at what ports? I will install phpbb /w chat in other host to minimize cpu usage. but will use dreamhosts’ database.

Register with the Promo Code [color=#CC0000]HOT75[/color] and get a great [color=#00CC00]$75 OFF[/color] to any DreamHost Hosting service in monthly and yearly plans!

Here’s a wiki article. It’s pretty straightforward:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/MySQL#Connect_to_Your_MySQL_Database_from_Third-Party_Programs

Why not set up phpbb with the chat here? They really don’t crack down on CPU usage since it’s so rare for someone to put an excessive load on a server.

-Scott

going to install flashchat… and i believe it gives quite a load in CPU of the server…

thanks,

Register with the Promo Code [color=#CC0000]HOT75[/color] and get a great [color=#00CC00]$75 OFF[/color] to any DreamHost Hosting service in monthly and yearly plans!