mySQL and PERL

I’m getting into Template Toolkit (for PERL) but I can’t get it to connect to my SQL database. I get this error -
DBI error - DBI connect failed: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

I can connect fine from within my perl scripts, but when I try to do so from within a TT file, that happens. I’ve searched and searched the web, but I have no idea how to fix this.

“Necessity may be the mother of invention, but trial and error is the mother of knowledge.”

Looks like it tries to connect to localhost, where your database is not located (on DH). You should be able to specify the correct databaseserver - somehow.

Hmm… I wonder if that can be done in the connection string - DBI:mysql:databasename.hostname ?

looks promising. I’ll try it out, though I recall getting some errors before - regarding an “unrecognized” database name when I tried entering additional info after the databasename…

“Necessity may be the mother of invention, but trial and error is the mother of knowledge.”

I LOVE YOU !
If I had a firstborn son, I would give him to you! LOL. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

That was the problem, I had to specify the host (which isn’t mentioned in the Template Toolkit documentation.)

Muchas Gracias ! Five stars, lol