MySQL 4 vs 5

If my account is associated with only one MySQL server (grunt), and all existing db’s are MySQL 4, is it the case that all future db’s created on that same server will also be MySQL 4?

I need to create a MySQL 5 db, but can’t seem to do so. Ticket submitted last night so hanging around waiting until I hear back. Thought I’d ask in the meantime if someone knew the answer off the top of their head. If there’s something I can do myself I can get moving again; if it’s something Support needs to do, then I’ll simply wait patiently :slight_smile:

[quote]If my account is associated with only one MySQL server (grunt), and all existing db’s are MySQL 4, is it the case that all future db’s created on that same server will also be MySQL 4?

[/quote]

Yes. To have MySQL 5 databases, you’ll need to be moved to a MySQL 5 database server. It sounds like you’ve already got a support ticket open for that, so you’re doing the right thing already. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the confirmation. Cheers!

Gah. Apparently there is only one person who can help me and he refuses to work 24 hours a day :slight_smile: so it’s wait yet another day :frowning:

Who knew a five-second db import would take three days to accomplish.

WHAT!? Who is this slacker? If I have to work 24 hours a day everyone else should too!

Please PM me with this malingerer’s name and I will attend to this. The flogging will commence immediately!

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Some guy named Josh - does that ring a bell? :slight_smile: Another, more competent “J” just moved all my dbs to a fresh and modern server, so all is well. :slight_smile: