My website is not showing up

My friend and I registered the domain www.themoderndaypirates.com on Saturday may 7th.

All the files have been uploaded and everything seems like it should be working but it isn’t. I’m getting a 403 error and this page isn’t found whenever I try to access the website.

All the files are uploaded into themoderndaypirates.com directory and I have my own domain that works fine and all I did when I started was upload files into my website’s name directory.

Do you think it might be something that we have to wait for the domain to register or is there something wrong on our end?

It looks to me like a problem with an .htaccess file. If you have one of these files in your main folder, consider temporarily renaming it to see if that helps.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

there aren’t any .htaccess files in our ftp space.

I read up on them and still have no idea what they do. We just want to make a simple webpage and even though everything is uploaded, we’re still getting that 403 forbidden error.

You need to contact support about this. You site is now showing an error message that suggests they may already be looking at it, but you should go ahead an submit a support ticket anyway.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog