My sites are still down

wordpress

How long is it gonna take? Are you doing the utmost to resolve things? Don’t you have any backup plan when things go bad? I’m pissed.

Relax, dude. There are many customers in the same boat (myself included). DreamHost say they are running a special update to try to fix everything, so you may have to sit tight for a few more hours while that is happening.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

Dunno about others, but from what I can gather my site has been down for 13 hours now, possibly longer…

Every minute that my websites are down is costing me [b]BILLIONS[/b] of dollars!

si-blog

“DreamHost say they are running a special update to try to fix everything, so you may have to sit tight for a few more hours while that is happening.”

Where did you see that? The lack of info makes this even more frustrating. Dreamhoststatus.com is supposed to be hosted elsewhere, but it’s clearly still linked to their main servers somehow. Pathetic.

You’ve got to love the fact they ask you to email them instead of using the panel and then the mail bounces…

Mail Delivery Subsystem noreply@dreamhost.com
to me

show details
8:34 am (5 minutes ago)
We’re sorry… your email was unable to be processed by our automatic
support system, and so is being returned to you.

We could not find your email address in our customer database and so
couldn’t accept your email. Due to the HUGE volume of spam we receive
at this address, we’ve been forced to implement this new policy.

Therefore, please just re-submit your message at:

http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

All messages submitted through that form are guaranteed to be received,
even if you aren’t currently a customer!

Also, we are currently having the following known emergency
situation (posted 7 hours 16 mins ago):

Sorry about the downtime experienced today. We have network and DNS issues today. If you are writing in because your site is down please hold off if you can. We are currently running an update that will fix all of your domains, but unfortunately the update takes a while to run. If by tomorrow your site is not up please write directly to dhstatus@dreamhost.com rather than posting to normal support. We have a specialized support team ready to assist you.

You can keep updated at dreamhoststatus.com!

(If this doesn’t resolve your current issue, just go ahead and write
us via that URL above!)

Our apologies for the inconvenience,

Granted - I know I sent it from another email address - but come on - I made it clear in my message…doh!

On the front page of the support area of the control panel.

si-blog

My sites are down too… and their status site seems to be down also. This is the biggest, messiest downtime I’ve observed in over six years hosting with Dreamhost.

– Dan

Mine too.

Dreamhost is just s.h.i.t., to be honest.

Anyone know a decent webhost?

I don’t think it is as serious as all that. If DNS is down, that cripples everything. The servers are still running, but we cannot reach them.

si-blog

[quote]This is the biggest, messiest downtime I’ve observed in over six years hosting with Dreamhost.

[/quote]

Other than the odd power outage or two.

The most important thing is the signup page is still up. :slight_smile:

$1 for me << [color=#00CC00]SE7ENOF9[/color] | [color=#CC0000]SE7ENOF97[/color] >> All for you

Let’s see, apparently the whole Dreamhost empire is crumbling due to
their DNS problem. E.g., to post this, I had to register an account.
To register an account, I had to give an email address. Because my
email address is on a Dreamhost domain, of course my domain’s A and MX
records are gone due to DNS problems. So I had to give a different
email address to post here… here on the last part of the Dreamhost
empire that hasn’t crumbled, like Dreamhoststatus… which leads one
to click to wordpress’s help page…

[/quote]

Every minute that my websites are down is costing me BILLIONS of dollars!
<<

I said nothing about money did I. Just stating the time my site has been down.

Pretty predictable that someone starts flogging that horse…

At least this forum was able to send your starting password. :slight_smile:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:blog.dreamhost.com+schadenfreude

What goes around comes around…

$1 for me << [color=#00CC00]SE7ENOF9[/color] | [color=#CC0000]SE7ENOF97[/color] >> All for you

what’s going to happen with emails that i haven’t read and new emails people are sending me? i hope they won’t disappear in lala land

Where do we go to get a status update…

• my customer sites are downs and emails are not working.
    … even the Dreamhost emergency status url is down (or features of it like …word press)

We are all hoping the same thing! :slight_smile:

Generally, mail should get spooled and shows up later, but with DNS wonky, it could also just “bounce”. :frowning:

–rlparker

The latest status updates I’ve found are on the Control Panel -> Support -> Contact support page, in the form of “Critical Announcements”.

–rlparker

[quote]Where do we go to get a status update…

[/quote]

Good question. Where’s Michael when a voice of informed, calm reassurance is needed? Did they let him take vacation again?

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg&

Currently says

Critical Announcement! Please Read!
Sorry about the downtime experienced today. We have network and DNS issues today. If you are writing in because your site is down please hold off if you can. We are currently running an update that will fix all of your domains, but unfortunately the update takes a while to run. If by tomorrow your site is not up please write directly to dhstatus@dreamhost.com rather than posting to normal support. We have a specialized support team ready to assist you.

You can [not necessarily] keep updated at dreamhoststatus.com! (posted 8 hours 35 mins ago)