My site is not loading?

Hi!

I’ve been using dreamhost for a couple weeks and I’m running it with Wordpress. All of a sudden yesterday, the site started going very slow, with the Admin CP not working for it at all. The only major thing I might’ve done was use the automatic update to version 3.0.1. The error I get reads:
"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@decedope.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Any ideas? I wasn’t sure if this topic went here or the 3rd Party forum, because I don’t know if my problem’s source is in the 3rd party software or not.

I am having a similar problem.
Which mysql server are you in?

Wow, OP’s site really is slow. wp-login should come up really quickly. Either the web server is really bogged down, or your SQL server. Submit a ticket to Support and they should be able to track down what’s hogging the resources.

Since your main site pulls data from so many different sites, that usually makes me thinks one of them is holding it up, but wp-login should always be fast; same goes for wp-admin.

how do i check what sql server i have and how do i send a ticket?

This makes me wonder if it is related to the backlog of WP updates:

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2010/07/30/wordpress-3-0-1-oneclick-install-auto-upgrades-delay/

Seems like that could cause high usage depending on how many upgrades are being preformed.[hr]
Both of those things can be done via the DH panel. You can find your mysql server name by clicking acount status in the upper right after logging in. And submit a ticket here.

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg&

Same problem here. Using wordpress. Both user-level and wp-admin access are very slow. I noticed the problem Friday around 10pm PDT. Still the same today.
Web server: tashkent
SQL server: spurdog

I submitted an issue last night - no response yet.
What hours are support staff working?

Support works around the clock. They could very well be looking into it right now. They don’t reply until they’ve actually come to some conclusion on the issue.

my server is also tashkent, but my sql is daggernose… as for the other post regarding the wordpress updating, i was wondering if that had something to do with it but i didnt really get what that meant

Sounds like your web server (tashkent) is experiencing high usage. If you have not done so already, contact support and advise them of this. They will track down and resolve the problem for you.