My site is not accessible thru only my PC - Certificate/DNS issue?

My site comes up for everyone but me on my local home PC (Windows 8.1). I was able to bring it up for several weeks while working on it; then when planning to go live, had to change the DNS info at the Registrar and installed Let’s Encrypt. Soon after these events, I could no longer bring up the site in any browser. I’ve cleared cache a 1000 times, flushed DNS, deleted/re-installed certs. Have even installed brand new browsers. All give same error about site name mismatch. Have changed the settings in IE/Chrome to ignore that - doesnt matter! the Cert was issued to: sni.dreamhost.com and the site is www.jerusalemhouseministries.net
Cert comes up as “OK” in popup. Very frustrating! I know windows 8 is a pain in the neck to begin with; this may be a sign to wipe the PC and upgrade to Win 10. (or a MAC???) When contacting DH support - they said “the sni.dreamhost.com certificate would happen when your computer is connecting to the wrong IP, like if you had DNS changes still pending.” Well its been like a week and a half. The rest of the world can bring up my site…but not me…

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Michele

Hi Michele, thanks for sharing the full domain name of your site. I went to check it and I don’t see any error with the latest Firefox. The certificate looks fine, see:

Maybe it’s your local PC that has some issues resolving the website IP? Check that you have not hardcoded an IP address for jerusalemhouseministries.net, in /Windows/hosts file or somewhere else (I haven’t used Windows in 15 years, I don’t know where else it may hold an IP address resolution). Hope this helps.