My site is down

Hi

I realy did it this time. In my eagerness to get rid of my blog and start using Dreamweaver i deleted my hole site via FTP without the directorys Maildir and logs.
I then ftp the new site to the domain but cant see it in the browser…
And now is my site down

i also have the directory home…
I have contacted the support but they are sooo slow responding. How can i restucture the site or somthing else i can do ?

Regards Torstein

What is the url to your site? Secondly, to which directory did you ftp all the new site files?

Your files should be uploaded to the “yourdomain.tld”, as set in the Control Panel Domains–>Manage Domains–>Edit screen for the domain in question, directory and not the “home” directory (which contains Maildir and logs.

If you accidently deleted the “yourdomain.tld” directory when you “purged” everything from your “home” directory, you can just add it again via your ftp program’s “create a directory” command, or by connecting to the shell via ssh and using the mkdir command (mkdir yourdomain.tld - executed in you “home” directory).

Once you now have a “yourdomain.tld” directory in your home directory along with Maildir and logs, re-upload your files into that directory (or “move” them in the shell) and you should be good to go.

–rlparker

my site is www.holmebakk.com
i have now moved the files into the top and i can now access the site. But what is the purpose of the holmebakk.tld directory ?

That’s where your site goes. You can add as many domains as you want, each of which gets a directory named after it.

tld = whatever extension you have, in this case, .com.

So, /home/your-user-name/holmebakk.com would be where your site files should be.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

tld = top level domain = .com or .net or …

Does that help?

[quote]my site is www.holmebakk.com
i have now moved the files into the top and i can now access the site. But what is the purpose of the holmebakk.tld directory ?[/quote]
the point is that you have a user folder and then you have your site folder. this way you can have multiple site folders in one user folder which will allow you to log into your ftp with one username and access all the domains hosted on that user. you can also set up a separate user for each domain you host if you don’t want them all in the same place.

johngrayson.com
suffocate[us]