My site and admin login - all are down currently

My site and admin login went down twice in last 2 days for minutes together, its currently down and unfortunately it appears that it may not make any difference what urgency you choose when you are raising a support complaint.

This is my first webhosting experience, i launched my website yesterday and since then it has gone down twice, pathetic service i must say.

Hope dreamhost will take these downtimes seriously, some of us host our retail sites - hope you understand.

Binesh

Do you receive an error in the browser?

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the downtime.
We know that first impressions are everything and never mean to disappoint.
We have received your ticket and I went ahead and escalated it to see what the issue is so we can get it resolved for you asap.
Thank you so much for your patience.

The website is working now however the emails are still an issue.
All my email from finsnflora.com never gets delivered to hotmail and yahoo domains. i have raised 2 complaints in last 2 days and Dreamhost so far has not done anything to resolve. The other emails that gets delivered to other domains are all landing in spam folders.

Another pathetic service.

Binesh

Is someuser@finsnflora.com the actual “FROM:” header? It must be. If your using a contact form that spoofs a domain for the From header it will be rejected by most of the big free mail places like hotmail and yahoo. The contact form should send From: someuser@finsnflora.com and it can supply the user filling out the forms email address as the “reply to” header.

These are the automated order confirmation, user creation emails. except yahoo and hotmail all are getting delivered but in SPAM.

I created another email id someuser@gmail.com and specified it on prestashop’s smtp config but that also stops working after a period of time.

not sure what i can do to resolve.

Binesh

If you can get a copy of the mails that are being sent to SPAM, take a look at the headers (view source w/e). They can sometimes shed light as to the reason mail would be treated as suspect by the receiving mailing system.

Google led me to this http://www.hostknox.com/tutorials/prestashop/smtp-parameters

What I think your running into is covered in the last paragraph on the page:

In short, your From email address should match the smtp user, so the account your logging in and sending the mail from (the smtp server) must be the same as the FROM header.

Where this is wrong it often result in mail being rejected or moved to spam.

Thank you! This resolved the issue. tested and all emails are now being delivered to yahoo as well as hotmail accounts. Thanks again!

My site went down again about 30 minutes back and it is still showing with the error message as - 3rd time its down in 1 week.

he website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.finsnflora.com/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Is that a learning for all of us to not to pay the hosting amount yearly? dreamhost - are you listening?

The reply from support -

Hello,

This was an issue our customers experienced on the ‘Cottonwood’ server
due to our Apache processes requiring a restart. That issue should be
resolved now and your sites do appear to be loading.

I apologize for the unexpected downtime. Let me know if you’re still
experiencing any issues and I’ll look into it further to see what might
be going wrong.

Thanks!
Dan H

Is this the level of infrastructure that dreamhost provides its customers? Sad.

Finally some action and positive response on email from dreamhost. Thank you!

You’re welcome! I apologize again for the disappointing first impression, but I can assure you, your satisfaction is our first priority, and we will do whatever we can to help. Thanks so much again for your patience and cooperation. :slight_smile:

Hello,

Looks like its back to square one. Site and admin both are again down with the same message, it loads sometimes, it does’nt sometime, if it loads up then it would break on one of the pages…practically its down again

error message -
This webpage is not available
The webpage at http://finsnflora.com/index.php?controller=my-account might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error.

Both are down yet again!!
[hr]
getting 504 gateway time out error on the website.

strange that dreamhost support take their own time to respond…it does not matter what urgency you choose!! sad.
[hr]
its been more than 3hrs and my website and admin continue to have some or the other errors…practically not available to my customers and me.

if you’re speaking of http://finsnflora.com/index.php from the above error message it seems to be up for me at this time. No errors.

Yes its been up from last few minutes or so but was down for more than 3hrs…hope it remains up.
[hr]
there you go…its down again.

Down for me as well :frowning:

I had introduced a new product today and its going down, what a timing dreamhost. And guess what I still do not have a response yet from dreamhost