My new wiki is extremly slow!

Hi,
Today I set up a mediawiki on my new dreamhost host, but i found that tje new wiki is hundreds times slower then other non-mysql program or even much slower than vbulletin forum!

Here is the URL http://kaoshi.wobuxihuan.org
What is the MATTER?

Did you just start hosting with dreamhost today?

Yes

How can you complain about speed when your domain hasn’t finished propagating yet? I cannot even access your site. You should give it at least another 24-72 hours.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

“give it at least another 24-72 hours.”

That’s extremely slow. :slight_smile:

[quote]
“give it at least another 24-72 hours.”

That’s extremely slow. :-)[/quote]
It depends. Any domain name server that has not cached that particular domain name will point to the new domain immediately; however, servers that have cached the domain name record may not clear their cache for anything up to 72 hours. It is therefore theoretically possible that it will be difficult to access the domain for as long as 72 hours (although that is highly unusual). Nameserver changes to existing domains are likely to respond less quickly than newly-registered domains.

:slight_smile:
All I can say is if it takes “24-72 hours” for my wiki page to get displayed, then:

:smiley: That’s extremely slow. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

</humor alert></suspend seriousness>

[quote]

</humor alert></suspend seriousness>[/quote]
Those opening and closing tags are not correctly nested. Parser error!

He’s complaining about application speed. Not about his domain actually working. He gives a URL and mentions in comparison which would conclude he has tested it and it is working, just very slow.

And, I can confirm it’s slow. Although I’m not surprised. MediaWiki is a beast and one of the main reasons I hadn’t installed it was due to it’s slow speed. MediaWiki isn’t good unless you have a caching system in place for it. I’m not aware of any third party caching mechanism that DH might have for MediaWiki (MMCache or eAccelerator). I cannot comment on MediaWiki’s speed with or w/out caching as I don’t have any extensive experiences running it myself.

yerba# rm -rf /etc
yerba#

I know. The point I was making is that it is very hard to test the speed of something when the DNS record is still wobbling back and forth. At the time of my reply, the domain was not accessible from my location, and each HTTP request could cause its own problems.