My experience with DH

I could not be more unsatisfied with Dreamhost. I am struggling to restrain my impulse to rampage the internet, talking as much shi*t as I possibly can about Dreamhost.

I am generally a considerate and moral human being who knows the general fact that it is better to not spew hatred about something as it reflects poorly on the person saying it.

Dreamhost is really unbelievable. Not only do you basically destroy my business in the last few weeks, you don’t apologize for it, or even propose any solution at all.

You guys are the syphillis-laden whore of web hosting. Your total and brazen lack of care for your customers is astonishing. If I was a low-life as you people obviously are, I would have started filing a lawsuit against you already.

Instead, I will simply take every chance, at every moment, for the rest of my life, to convince as many people as possible to steer clear of you.

Dreamhost is the pits.

Jeffrey Martin
CEO, 360cities.net

Are you the CEO of 360cities.net?

Do you have any CTO to manage your IT stuff?

And what is your problem?

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

CEO??
Destroyed your business?

Well if your business depends on “Shared Hosting” you’re a fool.

These people crack me up looking where to put the blame for their poor business decisions

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

Well Jeff, at least the struggle to restrain your impulses is no longer a problem :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

Do not struggle. Let it out. You may burst otherwise.

Your web site seems fast enough for a shared server. It may be all the loading from GoogleMaps and dropping cookies that is causing some problems for your visitors. I also got some coding errors on some pages using IE7.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

I don’t think this guy is talking about shared hosting. With the business importance of, load, and responsiveness needed, I’m sure his CTO insisted on dedicated or at least PS service. In fact, with the amount of custom coding involved and the lack of need for easy, one-click installations of off-the-shelf web application, I’m surprised his CTO didn’t pick a true VPS since by choosing Dreamhost, you’re “paying extra” for (partially) managed hosting that these guys obviously don’t need.

Given that, I wonder what the problem was? I didn’t think dedicated boxes used the cluster filers for disk, so they would have avoided the Blingy problems. I could be wrong there, though. I know the PS servers do use the cluster filers, so that could be the cause of the problem.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

Why is it that any time someone feels the need to sign something with “CEO” that everything they say sounds like it’s coming from a whiny little 12 year old living with mommy?

I’m sure the rest of the internet will take you as seriously as anyone here will. When haven’t you heard someone say, “It’s too quiet. I wish some whiny little kid would annoy us with a tantrum over a cheap hosting account. Hopefully, he’ll call himself a CEO, so the whining will sound like really brilliant business advice.”

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

we signed up for a private server 6 months ago. no reply.

actually, DH hasn’t really responded to any requests to give them more money for more processor. They clearly just don’t give a damn to help anyone.

Any color as long as it’s black, around here I guess.

There is, unfortunately, a pretty long waiting list for PS. I suspect it just got longer with the continued chronic problems with Blingy. BTW, who is this “we”? Is there a some tech guy who’s been focusing on your technical issues? What about the CTO? What does he have to say about it or has he been terminated already for the screwup?

Do you mean just the request for PS service or did you also request a dedicated server? Our understanding here is that DH can move a lot more quickly to move people to dedicated servers since that’s a technology they and their staff is familiar with.

It’s terrible that the situation has progressed to where you feel this way. I don’t know if it makes you feel better or worse, but they’ve always been more than responsive to myself and everyone in my family who hosts with them. I wouldn’t blame you for moving elsewhere, though. There’s enough decent hosting companies out there that you shouldn’t stay anywhere you don’t feel you’re getting good service.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off

As they stated clearly in their PS website, it is on invitation only. When you submit a request to have a PS, you will be placed in the waiting queue. How fast to approve your request depends on how many ppl are in the waiting queue.

It will be faster to have a shared server or dedicated server.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I think the use of phrase “invitation only” on the dreamhostps website is inaccurate in that they are allowing signups and transferring those people to PS without invitations. In fact, I’m not sure if they’re issuing invitations at all anymore, but rather are just converting people over who ask to be transferred to PS. There’s just happens to be a waiting list.

It is same to me.

You don’t have it when you sign up… You got to wait (to be invited). :stuck_out_tongue:

I do not think DreamHost care about ethnicity.

I am sure they would have supplied you with a private server if they had one available.

I am not so sure now though. :wink:

CEO Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK! :@

Act on my advice at your own risk!

[quote]Why is it that any time someone feels the need to sign something with “CEO” that everything they say sounds like it’s coming from a whiny little 12 year old living with mommy?

I’m sure the rest of the internet will take you as seriously as anyone here will. When haven’t you heard someone say, “It’s too quiet. I wish some whiny little kid would annoy us with a tantrum over a cheap hosting account. Hopefully, he’ll call himself a CEO, so the whining will sound like really brilliant business advice.”[/quote]
Well we all can’t be as cool as you seiler! I mean, forget Dreamhost, you are like an Internet God to the rest of us, with your incredibly insightful comments. Keep fighting the good fight man!

Yeah , I feel the same. Dreamhost hosting for me has been quality but they have managed to destroy my email acounts on mutliple occasion, and then dont even respond when i inquire about it.

utterly poor customer service and sadly sub-par service.
bummer.

I cannot ever reccommend this hosting company and would have no choice but to discourage potential customers. I would suggest they finid hosting with at least SOME Guaranteed uptime and who can do a professional job providing customer service and email, that doesnt really seem like too much to ask now does it?

I think the general agreement is that guaranteed uptime from discount web hosts is pretty useless. Now the SLA penalty clauses the company I work for has with their clients and the ones we have with our data center do have some teeth.

Regarding our own SLA, I remember there was this one client where we fell a little short of our performance clauses and ended up not getting paid for a year (and that was a million dollars, I believe). I think that discount hosts will generally only pay for the actual downtime (think 20 cents) and in fact will use their own uptime calculation and almost never pay out at all.

I do agree that looking for professional customer service and email is important. Well, email isn’t so important to me, but I know it’s important to a large number of webmasters.

Every post you make proves it.

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH