My emails are getting blocked by AOL spam filters

all my email that I sent to AOL users are getting returned to me

this is the email I get with the returned email from AOL

This is the Postfix program at host kungfu.dreamhost.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

macstk@aol.com: host mailin-03.mx.aol.com[205.188.157.217] said: 554-:
(CON:B1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554conb1.html 554
TRANSACTION FAILED

When I go to the link in the email I get this
"The IP address you are sending from has been blocked due to unfavorable e-mail statistics."

Is the problem with my IP address or dream hosts IP address
if its mine can anybody let me know how to fix it because I am not a spammer

I’m pretty sure this has come up on these forums before, did you try searching?

Anyways, it’s the machine you’re hosted on that’s being blocked. The way AOL works is that if a couple of customers report a message from one IP address as spam, AOL automatically blocks all customers from recieving E-mail from them for two weeks (I could be wrong on the time)

Obviously this is quite annoying for customers as well as DH people. They try and keeps spammers off their machines, and have tried to work with AOL for a better solution…

The easiest way around it for now, as far as I know, is to just send E-mail with an other address - from your own ISP or something like google/yahoo/…

-Matttail

Yes I have tried searching it but nothing comes up anyway just to clarify when you say
"it’s the machine you’re hosted on that’s being blocked"
Do you mean Dream Host?

yes - the Dreamhost Server machine, thingy… :wink:

-Matttail

[quote]They try and keeps spammers off their machines, and
have tried to work with AOL for a better solution…

[/quote]

A better solution to keeping spammers off their machines? Pray tell what.

A better solution than blocking the entire DH server for weeks at a time. This way all on a server would not suffer becuase one spammer got into the system.

-Matttail

I think you’ll find no such solution exists.

I never said there was any slution, I was simply refering to some previous statuemets by Jeff, I think, where he explaind the basis of the problems many DH users were haivng with sending E-mails to AOL addresses. He also went on to mention that they had been working on a better solution, in hopes of making it easier for legitament E-mails to get through.

You’re right though, there’s no solution. AOL is a big player and makes their own rules. If they want to block out E-mails from a specific IP to help cut down on spam, they can and there’s not much to be done about that.

-Matttail

I never said you did :wink:

[quote]Jeff … went on to mention that they had been working
on a better solution, in hopes of making it easier for
legitament E-mails to get through.

[/quote]

Well, let’s hope DH will let us know soon.