My domain doesn't show up

I registered a new domain name with Dreamhost over 48 hours ago. Everytime I type the website address, I get a message that it doesn’t exist. How long does it take for a domain to appear? Thanks

i believe it took mine about three days.

-Renée

Besides registering it, did you add it as a new managed domain? In the control panel, look at the Domains>>Manage Domains screen. If you don’t see your domain, you may have to add it by clicking on “Add New Domain / Sub-Domain”.

Let us know if it’s there!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Thanks Lensman, I just did what you suggested. I hadn’t done it. I still got the message saying it would take a couple of days to show up, even though I registered it a couple of days ago. Thanks for the tip!

Cool! I always forget to do that myself (well, twice).

Remember that if you get antsy and want to start setting it up, you can always go into the DNS settings for that domain to get the IP address of the server DreamHost assigned it to. You can then create a local entry in the hosts file of your home computer - that way you can start setup of the domain prior to DNS propagating.

You should remember to delete that local entry after DNS has propagated to prevent future confusion!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options