Music blog allowed?

I was wondering if I’m allowed to run a music blog on the dreamhost servers? I’ll only be linking to the files, not actually hosting them. They will be hosted on rapidshare (and similar sites like it).
So is this ok? I looked through the TOS and couldn’t really find anything related to it.
Thanks,
Conner

Sometimes you must ask this kind of question to a lawyer.

Is there any lawyer at dreamhost ? :slight_smile:

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

If you are not sure about it, I’ll suggest you to send a ticket to DH via http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Thanks, I submitted a ticket and they replied that it’s fine to host it. :slight_smile:

Congrats!

Welcome to DH!

Let’s know your site once it is ready. We’d like to take a look :stuck_out_tongue:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Remember, if the files that you link to are subject to copyright and you do not have distribution permission from the copyright holder, you (and/or DreamHost) may still be subject to a ‘take-down’ notice, even if you are only linking to the files hosted elsewhere.

If you receive such a notice, I suggest you take it very seriously.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Hey up man, I run a music site on DH. Check it out…
www.madlabs.co.uk
They were well up for letting me do it.
I love DH!!!

:stuck_out_tongue: I took a look. Nice website.

I notice that you place a PNG picture on the top. It takes some time for me to load the picture. I think the size of the picture is too big. You may consider to use GIF or JPG.

Welcome to DH :slight_smile:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]