Multiple Domains on Same Hosting Account Incorrectly Redirecting


#1

I apologize if this has been covered in the past; I tried searching, but could not find any useful information.

I have recently registered here at DreamHost after the GoDaddy’s SOPA policies were brought to light. I have started transferring my domains and hosting, but have run into an issue that I need to resolve before I finish moving the rest of my sites.

I have 3 domains registered here, all of which are Fully Hosted here as well under the same hosting account/user. When I SSH into rastaban, I see all three of my sites:
./domain1.com
./domain2.com
./domain3.com

My problem is that accessing http://www.domain2.com/ REDIRECTS to http://www.domain1.com/ for some reason, and I cannot figure out why. To make matters more confusing, accessing both sites without the “www” works as expected.

I found this thread (http://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-130442.html) regarding a similar issue, but I have “www” records for both domains, both pointing to the same IP.

If I make a new HTML/PHP file under domain2.com I can access it directly by hitting http://www.domain2.com/hello.php and http://domain2.com/hello.php

There are NO .htaccess files under either directory, and I have both domains setup to leave the “www” in the URL alone (“Leave it alone: Both http://www.domain2.com/ and http://domain2.com/ will work.”)

I feel like this must be a simple configuration issue, but I cannot see my mistake. I can provide screenshots of my settings upon request.

Finally, domain3.com works perfectly. I can access it by hitting both http://www.domain3.com/ and http://domain3.com/, and I have configured ALL 3 exactly the same as far as I can tell.


#2

It turns out this was just a DNS issue, although I have no idea how it occurred it such a strange manner. For what it’s worth, I have been using OpenDNS for a few years now, but it appears to have been the “cause” of the issue. I tried using my ISP’s DNS and found that was working as expected, and now, 24 hours later, OpenDNS is no longer incorrectly redirecting my domain(s).

I would edit the post above to reflect my “solution,” but it appears I cannot. Hopefully anyone finding this thread with a similar issue in the future checks this post.