Multiple Blogs?

I have the wordpress blog installed on my site and already have an active blog running there. I want to add a second blog site with a whole different set of blog entries. Can my site run two different blog sites at the same time?

There are definitely ways of doing this. Is your blog currently running from the root or a subdirectory?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

The existing blog is in a subdirectory called blog

Good, this is easy!

So you can have a second WordPress installation in the directory blog2 (or whatever you want to call it).

Now the only problem is to figure out how users will navigate to each of the two blogs.

How do users navigate to the first blog? Do you redirect them from the home page? Do you have a link from a static home page? Or does everyone just link and bookmark www.mysite.org/blog/?

BTW, I want to mention that you have the option of creating a subdomain for your second blog. So you could have blog.mysite.org and blog2.mysite.org. Dunno if that appeals to you.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

He might also want to set second blog on a subdirectory or subdomain and put latest blog post links on the home page(as done on weblogsinc.com). I don’t know how to do so,but interested about it. Can anyone help?

Promo codes:[color=#CC0000]MAXDH=$97 off[/color],[color=#00CC00]D82=2domain $82, 6D7=7domain $7, UIP67=1 IP $67, DB5=150%disk&bw $7, 2xDS=200%disk $7[/color]

Easiest way I can think of to add recent posts would be to use an rss widget in the blog sidebar to show the rss feed of a different blog. This is assuming that you have a theme compatible with widgets.

Surely extending on this it should be possible to show rss information by customising the template files.

Get [color=#00CC00]$97 DISCOUNT[/color] with [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color] > More Codes

right now the first blog site is setup to site/blog and that’s how users access it. So I can install another instance of wordpress into another folder (like site/blog2)?

Yup!

http://mu.wordpress.org

I would recommend against installing WordPress Mu if all you want to do is run two blogs yourself. Mu is meant for installations where you want to create a site where you allow users to create their own blogs.