Multi-Domain Account

Hello,

I have a code monster account and I have 10 sites I want to upload. I already own the domain names and have them pointed to my dreamhost account. I was wondering how I set up my hosting so it know which site goes to which.

Example:

I have www.exapmle1.com and www.example2.com and www.example3.com. I have them in seperate folders on my computer, how do I let the server know which index file to pull from for each home page and how to arrange the folders on the server. I don’t think I set each one to seperate DNS’s or maybe I do???

Thanks for your time

You need to “add” the domains to your dreamhost account. (Different than registering which you have already done).

Once added each one will be a seperate subdirectory on the file server for example in ftp: /example1.com /example2.com etc. Upload the files to the appropriate sub directory. Then when you browse www.example1.com with your favorite web browser you will see the files you uploaded to /example1.com.

-Jason

Dreamhost Hosting - Last one out, turn off the lights. Alternative.

Thanks!!!

I set up the account a while ago and couldn’t remember if i added them through the control panel or did them manually. Now that I remember I did them through the control panel. Thanks for the help!