Mp3s are now disabled or something?

I had a few mp3s that i wanted to play on my other site but they stopped playing. I changed them to wma files and now they play perfectly fine. why??

Is your other site directly linked to your DH site? If not and it’s on another server, It could be that that your site has disabled hotlinking of mp3 files because A: it eats up too much bandwidth, B: copyright is insane in the US now a days and C: the DH site thinks someone is stealing it for their site and so it’s protecting you and your badwidth.

I know there is a way around it in your .htaccess (because you can do it with pictures) but I just don’t know what to write… maybe someone here knows.

If by that you mean that the artists retain the rights to their work then yeah, crazy

=\

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

If by that you mean that the artists retain the rights to their work then yeah, crazy

If by that you mean that recording labels retain the rights to artists’ work, then yeah…

the law’s the law and stealing is stealing innit?

thread successful hijacked! :slight_smile: sorry about that!

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

Q: When is stealing not stealing?
A: When it’s actually copyright infringement, which is an entirely different thing.

But this issue has been beaten to death in more appropriate places than here, so I’ll not torment this poor dead horse any longer (after this one shameless attempt to get the last word, anyway).

But this issue has been beaten to death in more appropriate places than here, so I’ll not torment this poor dead horse any longer (after this one shameless attempt to get the last word, anyway).

Agreed. As for the original question, try asking it here:

click me!

MP3’s play fine, regardless. There are no prohibitions by DH on linking to mp3’s you load on your site. But, if you applied that little checkmark that prohibits linking to files in one of your directories, that would definitely cause this to happen. On your panel, go to Goodies > htaccess/webdav and check that you don’t have folders with prevent file linking checked.

zentao web design, graphic art and design at www.zentao.com

zentao7, Gallery of Artists and Speculative Novel Writers Groups