Moving wordpress from local computer to dreamhost

Hi

Ive tried following the tutorials / wikis to move the wordpress app ive been creating on my laptop via mamp to my dh server but unfortunately im getting

[code]Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.[/code]

My domain is already pointing to dh as I can ssh using it. Assuming my domain is www.mydomain.com then I have copied my local copy of wordpress to mydomain.com/app/public/

I also backuped my local database, created a new on on dh, imported the backup file and reconfigured wp-config.php but im getting the above error.

can anyone help???

How comes that nobody answered this call for help which was not over technically extended? I’m looking into hosting with DReamhost and now I have mixed feelings about it.
Outages seem to last around 2 hours + and there seems to be at least one a day
Ordinary problems like the one above don’t seem to be dealt with by Dreamhost staff when no forum member volunteers.
So my question to you all is: is Dreamhost a hoax, semi-hoax or a trustable company
How much time a week do you spend watching your hosting and making sure it’s 99.99 uptime as all the companies claim.