Moving website from one account to another

Hi, currently my brother hosts my websites (also dreamhost), but I will be joining with dreamhost and want to host my own. How do I do this? I have a blog and also a few website, do I have to upload everything again?

Thanks in advance
Vince

Well if you payed with a promo… maybe you will get on troubles… as wrote on the blog

"More recently, people have been “taking advantage” of our new-customer-only promo codes by canceling their accounts after a year and deleting their domains from our system, then re-signing up again with a new credit card and another promo code and then re-adding their old domain. This results in a day or two of downtime for them, but I guess that’s worth it for some people.

Well, now we just log all domains that have been deleted from our system and don’t allow them to be re-added to a promo-coded account for at least a year. So, eat a big pile of that, loop-holers!"

So I think maybe you will need to contact support… yes I know that this is not your situation, but I think that the system may catch as the described.

http://blog.dreamhost.com/2006/12/28/a-christmas-present-for-you/

use VICM3 for a full 97USD discount on your first year!

If you want to use the same domain to host your website, you may get into trouble as vicm3 mentioned. DH does not allow domain transfer between promotional accounts (account use a promo code).

If you don’t mind to register a new domain, you can

1. backup your database
  2. download all the files
  3. re-setup database in new account via DH panel --> Goodies --> Manage MySQL
  4. upload files to new domain via DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> WebFTP / FTP

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Beyond the issues that vicm2 and patrick mentioned, you will not have to reupload your files. Were your sites set up under a separate user on your brother’s account or were they all mixed in under the same user?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts