Moving to Dreamhost or not?

Hi all,

If you are current DH users or DH sales, could you please help answer me the below questions.

Let me explain a bit:
I m currently using a hosting plan from another company but have faced some issues

1. My online store is targeting mainly for US, UK, EU customer but at the same time also for Asia.
    So i would like to know if DH can offer IP for speedtest before i subscribe?

2. Sometimes my website will slow down and cannot be accessed due to CPU Resource Usage -Resource Limit Is Reached
    In fact, i m just running one wordpress woocommerce site, but i have no idea this happen always.

So i would like to know which plan is good for me from DH please?

1. If i decide to migrate my site to DH ,what should i do ? backup the whole site including an archive of all of websites files and configuration, mysql database, email forwards?

DH will provide Cpanel as well please/

Thanks a lot

Dreamhost use a custom panel. No chance of Cpanel.
They have two data centers. One is on the East Coast of USA. That is better for your target audience than the West coast.
Once you’re signed up you can move data center with a ticket to support if you’re in the wrong one.

Thanks for your reply!

[quote]Sometimes my website will slow down and cannot be accessed due to CPU Resource Usage -Resource Limit Is Reached
In fact, i m just running one wordpress woocommerce site, but i have no idea this happen always.[/quote]

Probably because you are on shared hosting, which works well if your site does not get that many visits every day. You are probably at the point where you need a VPS or possibly even a dedicated server.

These are really separate processes. There are various ways to achieve this, and there are many tutorials available on the internet. The fastest and generally the most obscure for most people, is via the command line. The slowest, but generally the easiest, is to download everything off your old server via ftp and upload it to your new server via ftp. As for mysql databases, you can export from your old host and import to your new one via phpMyAdmin.

Migrating email is a completely different animal and out of my sphere of experience. But there have been several recent postings in this forum about moving email. Your best bet may be to go to a different company that specializes in email.

Thanks for your reply