We’re looking at moving our mail to Google Apps. I see that DH now has a one-click MX record change to facilitate this. Network Solutions is managing my domain, but the name servers or set to Dreamhost, so I imagine I make all changes on Dreamhost.
My questions are:
- How seamless is this? Will there be e-mail downtime, or will it simply switch from DH to Gmail?
- After this switch, can users log into old DH webmail (or POP) to get abandoned mail?
- I imagine I can change http://webmail.domain.com to point directly to Gmail on Google Apps?
- What will the POP and SMTP servers become for using Gmail?
- Any other suggestions for making this switch as seamless as possible?