[quote]What’s confusing me hear is that the domain in question is no longer on the list (because I deleted it from DH hosting). Since its not on the list, I don’t know how to get to it’s DNS editing screen where I would be able to edit A records.
I see the domain under “registrations” only.[/quote]
Remember in your original post where Verio said:
See the part where they said, “but if you choose to purchase the domain elsewhere, you have to configure your domain there.”?
That means that they won’t provide nameservers for you unless you purchase your domain through them. This is ok because you can just manage your DNS at DreamHost.
What you need to do now before doing the things mentioned in my post are:
- Go back to “Domains>Manage Domains” on the DreamHost panel.
- Use “Add New Domain / Sub-Domain” to add your domain back in.
- Go back to “Domains>Manage Domains” on the DreamHost panel again. You should see your domain in the table on that page now.
- In the “Web Hosting” column, you should click “delete” to tell the DreamHost system that you’re not hosting this domain at DreamHost. This will also release the blank and www “A” records for your domain.
- Then click on the “DNS” link for your domain. This will take you to the DNS entry editing page for that domain.
- You will probably want to add two custom DNS entries. One blank one and one for “www”. Both should be “A” records. Enter 188.8.131.52 as the “value” for the records. You can leave the comment blank or put in “Verio” if you want. Remember that you need to verify the IP address of your Verio server for me.
That should get you all set up, if 184.108.40.206 is your Verio server.
Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts