Moving e-mail

Hi all,

I am a new customer to DreamHost and I need some help moving my e-mail from Thunderbird to Squirrelmail. I downloaded all my mail from the old host to Thunderbird and have the mail all offline. Now I need to upload all that mail to the new mail server.

I’ve done this before, so I know it’s possible, but I can’t remember what I did.

Help!
-CTA

0.o

Really? Email is one way. You either use IMAP to keep the mail on the server, or you download it using POP3. I do not know any way to upload the mail to the mail server. I don’t even know the POP3 commands that would allow that.

yerba# rm -rf /etc
yerba#

It is possible. In Apple’s Mail.app, I was able to change my POP accounts to IMAP by forcing the mailboxes to sync once I switched over to IMAP. See if Thunderbird has some sort of Sync command.

-Scott

Last time i had to do that i just setup a seperate mail account (to the same email address) as IMAP, then i dragged all of my mail from my inbox to my IMAP account, the mail was then in squirelmail and i just used IMAP and webmail and deleted my pop account.