Moving domain dir

I signed up with one username and subsequently created another for my wife to use. The domain directory is /home/firstusername/domain.com, I would like it to instead be /home/secondusername/domain.com. Currently there is a wordpress blog and a gallery installed on the domain.

What steps need to be performed to make move the dir and maintain all of the sites workings?

Thanks

are you familiar with unix commands? You can use mv to transfer the files.

mv -r /home/firstusername/domain.com /home/secondusername/

Since you are moving files between two users, you will get error message “permission denied”. To allow file transferring, you can either create a uinx group or remap /home/firstusername/domain.com to /home/secondusername/domain.com via DH panel --> Domains --> Remap Sub-Dir

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that all I need to do is move the directory? That there are no code repercussions?

I don’t mean to be obtuse, I just don’t want to break the wife’s blog… (she’d hurt me :wink:

Yes, you only need to move the directory. It will not affect your code or database.

If you are not sure, you can copy and paste the directory to the new user’s account first, then test the site from the new user’s account. To do that:

1. make sure domain.com are in both user’s accounts.
  2. go to DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> Web Hosting --> Edit, simply switch the user to the new user
  3. wait a while and open your website again. You will be seeing the website from new user’s account. Now you can do the testing.

The way it works in DH is that if the domain is under firstuser’s control. It looks for /home/firsuser/domain.com. If the domain is under seconduser’s control, it looks for /home/seconduser/domain.com

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here