Moving a Wordpress site?

apps

Hi everyone!

I’m developing a site for a client using Wordpress as a sort of CMS. Is there a way I can develop the site on a subdomain of mine and then, when it is finished, “port” it over to his server?

I don’t want to have to reinstall plugins/theme files, etc on his server–I’d love to just be able to zip up the install on my subdomain and unpack it on his. Is this possible?

Awesome>>www.biklopsdesign.com

Well, it won’t be that simple, as there are a few edits that you will have to make (in the config file, at least) but it is really not that difficult to do, with a little planning.

While there are several threads dealing with various types of WordPress “moves” and related issues, there is really no better resource for information about moving a WordPRess installation that the WordPress Codex section on Getting Started with WordPress - Special Installations.

They do an excellent job or explaining what is involved in almost any potential scenario.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress is probably a good place to start, and will likeloy give you all you need.

–rlparker