More than One site

I have already hosted one site with Dreamweaver for myself, and now I am doing a site for my brother and want to host it with dreamweaver as well. I want my e-mail to be on both accounts due to the fact that I will be keeping my brothers site up however I am getting an error saying that I already have an account with Dreamweaver. PLEASE anyone know away around this :slight_smile:

There is no need for you to create another account. You can use the existing account and just add a domain for your brother.

In fact, DH doest not allow the same customer to have multiple accounts. This is to prevent customers using promo codes to refer to themselves.

Save $50 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]50YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

So all I would have to do is pay for my domain ($9.95 or whatever) I don’t have to pay the $100 per year? How would I upload his site?

Yes, you are right. Don’t forget that you can host unlimited domains with one hosting plan. What you need to do is:

1. register a domain for your brother via DH panel --> Domains --> Domain Register
    You will have a new domain name.

2. add the domain to your hosting plan via DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> Add New Domain / Sub-Domain.
    You will have your new domain name hosted in DH. I’ll suggest you to create a new FTP user for the new domain here so that two users manage two domains separately.

3. after you have done the above, you will have one more folder /home/newuser/newdomain.com Simply upload the files to this folder and start hosting for your brother.

If you have rewards left in your account, you can also use the rewards to pay for the registration fee of the new domain.

Is that cool? :stuck_out_tongue:

Save $50 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]50YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I once asked support about this, and actually they allow for multiple accounts as long as it is not from promo codes.

TTL
Get Dreamhost hosting 600 GB space with $50 off plus 1 extra lifetime domain with [color=#00CC00]CHRISTMAS2007[/color] promo code
[color=#00CC00]SIGN UP NOW !![/color]

It worked GREAT! Thanks YOU so much :slight_smile:

You are welcome.

Have fun in DH!

I think you are right. Since most of the customers here open an account with a promo code, I tent to forget that :slight_smile: