More Outlook Questions

If you can’t help me, I understand. I use Thunderbird anyway, but I was given free Office 2007 software from my school and feel obligated to try it out. The Wiki and a forum search doesn’t exactly give me an answer to this.

As of last night, whenever I open Outlook, it tries to connect to my IMAP mail servers from Dreamhost (2 different ones). After a little bit I get a “cannot connect to server” message. Then, the next time it tries to connect, the entire program crashes. I have tried it with both SSL and no encryption. I have also tested with both Firewall and anti-virus disabled. Before last night things worked fine (for the 2 days I have been using the program).

Two things are odd to me. First, when I use the “test connection” feature, all of my accounts work. But what I really do not understand is that I can’t connect to my mail server using Thunderbird if Outlook is open. When Outlook is closed, however, Thunderbird works as beautifully as always.

This isn’t super time sensitive because Thunderbird is severing me well (as long as Outlook isn’t open). I would like to figure this out though and give the program a fair shot.

Thanks kindly,

Mac

[quote]I was given free Office 2007 software from my school and feel obligated to try it out.

[/quote]

If they gave you free crack or meth’ would you feel the same? :slight_smile: And then invest more time figuring out why you started having problems? That’s exactly why they give that software away free or cheap at schools. Don’t start if you can avoid it; you’ll pay and pay the rest of your life.

[quote]I would like to figure this out though and give the program a fair shot.

[/quote]

Here’s a pistol. Shoot yourself or the program. That’s a fair shot. :slight_smile:

YMMV

They need more support help.
Pay me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999=$99.99 Off[/color]

Check the wiki.dreamhost.com - it has lots of hints for trying to make that pig dance with DH.

But only if you want to infect your machine.

Wholly