Money back

I have email you several times get my money back from you.

Could you please contact me

Per Albertsen
Vendersgade 4
8800 Viborg
Denmark

www.webcast-media.com

As indicated on the main page of the discussion board, this is not a place to contact us, or to receive an “official” response.

Questions directed to support at dreamhost dot com will be responded to, within 24 hours, and assuming your account was opened within the past 30 days, we will be happy to promptly refund your money.

Hey there

Well I have sent you several mails about this, without getting any response from you. So thats why I have posted this here. Could you please give me a confirmation to my e-mail address and then send give me my money back.

Thats all - then I am happy.

Per Albertsen
Denmark

I am just a happy DreamHost customer and probably canNOT speak on behalf of their support. BUt just want to let you know that they shouldn’t have any problem refunding as I have done that before. I was quite happy and months later, I signed up again and have stayed a customer since then; and that was more than 4 years ago. :wink:

[color=#CC0000]name[/color]slave
Domain Registration, Web Hosting & Search Engine Optimization

Hello -

[quote]Well I have sent you several mails about this, without getting any > response from you. So thats why I have posted this here. Could
you please give me a confirmation to my e-mail address and then
send give me my money back.

[/quote]

Could you let us know where you sent your message? Was it to support@dreamhost.com?

Email sent to that address should work, but if not you might want to try this form:

http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

If that fails, you can contact me directly at jeff@dreamhost.com.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

Hey there

Well now have have emailed: support@dreamhost.com, jeff@dreamhost.com and billing@dreamhost.com regarding the issue

Everytime i send out a mail i get:

We’re sorry… your email was unable to be processed by our automatic
support system, and so is being returned to you.

We could not find your email address in our customer database and so
couldn’t accept your email. Due to the HUGE volume of spam we receive
at this address, we’ve been forced to implement this new policy.

Therefore, please just re-submit your message at:

All messages submitted through that form are guaranteed to be received,
even if you aren’t currently a customer!

Our apologies for the inconvenience,
– The Happy Support Team!

I simply just want to close my account and get a refund of my money - but that seems nearly impossible !

Could you please inform me of when i will get my money back ?

Per Albertsen
Denmark

Hi Per -

[quote]I simply just want to close my account and get a refund of my
money - but that seems nearly impossible !

[/quote]

This is because, for some reason, our support system doesn’t recognize your email address. Due to the amount of spam our support system gets, we’ve begun requiring that you contact us via the support form or the sales form the first time (so that our system knows you’re a human instead of a spammer).

There are two ways to do this. The preferred method is by logging into the web panel and sending us a message:

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg

The second method is to do it via the sales form, making sure to use the contact email address you gave us when you signed up:

A few other notes about our refund policy: It’s only available within the first 30 days after you sign up, giving you a chance to review our services (If you’ve gone a week or so over that due to trouble getting ahold of us, though, we can make an exception). It’s also only available if you paid via credit card or debit card. Finally, while it does include our setup fee, it doesn’t include add-ons, overage fees, or the value of domain registration (if you used your free domain registration, which is contingent on an active account). You can get the full scoop here:

https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=166

[quote]Could you please inform me of when i will get my money back ?

[/quote]

Well, definitely not until you write to us requesting cancellation from your contact email address. Until then, we won’t even know you want to cancel. :>

Once we hear from you and cancel your account, though, your money should be credited back to your card within 1-2 days at most.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

Have you logged in and contacted them through any of the forms, as suggested? If you can’t do that, it’s probably not your account to cancel. :wink:

I just cancelled my Dreamhost account through the support form and it was handled within 16 hours.

I don’t know if it’s done differently for new accounts that qualify for a refund. I was here almost two years, so I didn’t think they’d believe me if I said I was trying to contact them since day 29. :smiley: