Miva upgraded without notice

I recently received a notice that Miva merchant would be upgraded for all new stores.

What dreamhost didnt say is that all old stores would be upgraded as well.

This has broken my store as I am using openui technology. Dreamhost is telling me it’s my fault my store is broken.

I am quite disappointed by this response. In the past if Perl was upgraded for example, we could still use older verisons if our software required it.

In this case with no communication whatsoever we get treated to a store that doesnt work and the basic message – start over and redesign your store.

Anyone else struggling with lousy customer service from dreamhost? We’ve been here for a long time, but never once have we been given such a horrible answer.

Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!

I haven’t looked at the actual history of this particular support request. It does sound like you may have gotten a less than complete answer to your question, though.

Regarding openui and Miva, that’s seemingly an issue between those two organizations and we are sadly caught in the middle. Openui is apparently unable to support the newer version of Miva because Miva has locked them out of the development.

In general we have seen a lot of problems caused by third-party plugins and add-ons to Miva and it is the number one thing that causes problems with Miva. We can’t possibly support every add-on for Miva out there.

In this case it seems as if Miva has intentionally broken openui so complaints really need to go directly to Miva as there is nothing we can do about it.

We have been doing custom setups for people in your situation so you should contact our support team and request that. The support engineer who handled your case may not have been aware of that.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Head Honcho/Founder

Thanks Dallas. I have submitted the request.

The big challenge for us has been that basic Miva is so hard to use. My wife constantly complains that simply adding a new product (she only sells one of a kind items) cannot simply be done using a single screen.

I’ll work with her to build a new store on Miva 5 to replace the current built with opengui – which made a huge difference for us in ease of use.