Mirroring problem

I am helping a friend move her existing eFiction site to my account on DH, and it has been awhile since I played around with my domains. I thought I’d set everything up correctly to allow us to work “behind the scenes” to install eFiction and get everything re-customized/migrated prior to us changing the DNS, but I seem to be missing something.

So far I have:

1. Added a new fully-hosted domain within my account using her existing domain name
  2. Created a dreamhosters sub-domain and set it to mirror the domain above (12+ hours ago)
  3. FTPed the eFiction files/folders to the domain folder (not the subdomain)

However, when I browse to the subdomain, I still just see a basic, empty directory listing page. I’ve verified that all the files are in the domain folder and can even view the install file there via WebFTP, but the subdomain is acting as if there’s no mirror.

I’m at a loss to figure out what I’ve failed to do. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

If you’re sure that you put the files in the right place, then my guess would be that you setup the dreamhosters sub-domain as fully hosted, instead of a mirror, which would explain seeing the empty directory.

I’d re-check the sub-domain’s setting in the control panel to see if that’s the case.

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

No, the dreamhosters subdomain definitely says “Mirror: www.domain.com” on the Domain Management page and lacks the two FTP links that the fully hosted domains show.

Is there a directory in your account for the subdomain? If so, I’d put a file in it like the-domain-name.txt, then go back to the site & refresh to see if it appears.

I’d do the same for other folders until you narrow it down to where it’s actually mirroring.

You could also re-save the domain settings to see if that changes anything, even if it’s already correct. It’s sometimes a fix for the mystery bad_httpd_conf error, so maybe you’ll get lucky.

There aren’t any .htaccess files floating around in there that could be causing trouble, are there?

If it’s not something really simple/obvious that’s being overlooked, it will probably end up being a job for support.

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH