Mirroring huge folders with FTP extremly slow

Hello,
my account is suspended and i have to leave dreamhost.
I don’t have SSH and only have FTP.
i have 250GB of data to move.
I have an image hosting site the upload folder is full of files, i can’t say how much but the directory listing is just impossible to do…

from the destination server i’m using the LFTP command like this:
lftp ftp://user:pass@nicholas-gilman.dreamhost.com –e “set net:timeout 0” -e “mirror --parallel=8 -n -e /mysite.net /var/www/mysite.net ; quit”

I started this command before going to bed yesterday night, today i Wake up and i see that no files were copied, and the command is stuck at reading the file list…it is not crashed i did a CTRL+C and it stopped the process.

i tried the same command with another subdmain also huge, but less. and i can see the “reading file information” progression very slow, %5 in 1hour…

Would it be faster if the LFTP command is started from the local server instead of the destination server ?
If yes a DH admin could do it for me if i give him the exact command with user/pass ?
Else what other possibility i have ? i was told to leave DH before April 1st.

Thank for your help.

Do it manually, in chunks. Using FTP highlight a hundred files and move them. Continue this process until they are all moved.

How can i highlight a hundred file with a command line interpreter ?
if you’re speaking about an application like Filezilla, it’s not possible, because to highlight something i need to see the files in the folder and it’s just impossible. i never get the list or maybe i have to wait 2 or 3 days in front of my computer…

i saw here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/lftp@uniyar.ac.ru/msg04136.html

they recommend to use the parameter: ftp:sync-mode off
would this work with the DH FTP system ?

[quote]ftp:sync-mode (bool)
if true, lftp will send one command at a time and wait for response. This
might be useful if you are using a buggy ftp server or router. When it is
off, lftp sends a pack of commands and waits for responses - it speeds up
operation when round trip time is significant. Unfortunately it does not
work with all ftp servers and some routers have troubles with it, so it is
on by default.[/quote]